Dr. Amanda Stent:
- Is the NLP architect at Bloomberg, and team lead for the People and Language AI team in the Data Science Group of the Chief Technology Office.
- Previously held positions as Director of Research and Principal Research Scientist at Yahoo, as Principal Member of Technical Staff at AT&T Labs — Research, and as associate professor in the Computer Science Department at Stony Brook University in Stony Brook, NY.
- Holds a Ph.D. in computer science from the University of Rochester.
- Has authored or co-authored over 100 papers on natural language processing and is co-inventor on over 30 patents.
- Is one of the inaugural editors-in-chief of ACL Rolling Review, a board member of CRA-WP and an ABET program evaluator. Also currently serves on the National Academies Committee studying Responsible Computing Research.